This app is for use in conjunction with our online prescription delivery management tool for pharmacies called "Pro Delivery Manager."
Want to have better control of your delivery service? Want to know exactly where your delivery driver is and where he has been in relation to the scheduled deliveries? Want to schedule regular deliveries so that they won't be missed? Want to keep your customers up to date with the status of their prescription delivery? Want to store proof of delivery electronically? Then this is the app for you.
- Supports multiple courier/delivery driver accounts
- Quick searching of patient database
- Two-touch scheduling of deliveries
- Automatic patient notification of delivery status updates by SMS (optional)
- Automatic routing of scheduled deliveries based on address locations
- One-touch re-routing of scheduled deliveries based on current location
- Interactive map showing all scheduled deliveries, colour coded to delivery status
- Recording of delivery outcome including recipient’s signature via touch-screen
- Option to require courier's signature for controlled deliveries
- Optimised for use over mobile data connections
- Caches data when no internet connection is available
- Automatic and manual screen-locking for data security
The app allows your courier/delivery driver to login and download the patient database from the Pro Delivery Manager online database. Any deliveries scheduled for the date selected are automatically listed and the courier can then mark them as “out for delivery” as they are loaded onto the van. The customer list can be easily searched and additional deliveries scheduled by the courier.
The app automatically places the deliveries in sequence of distance from the starting point and can provide directions to each customer on the route via iOS Maps or any other Sat Nav app installed on the device.
The results of each delivery, including on-screen recipient signature, are recorded in the app and synchronised back to the Pro Delivery Manager database next time there is a data connection available.
The app can also send out SMS notifications to update the patient on the status of their delivery.
Whilst in use, the app records the GPS location of the courier and sends this information back to the Pro Delivery Manager database so that the pharmacy can track the location and progress of the courier. Live information is displayed on a Map within the online application.
Pharmacies currently using this app have found that their couriers are now working more efficiently as it has encouraged self-regulation. They have also been able to do away with expensive van-tracking hardware and subscriptions. Pharmacy staff are able to quickly answer customer queries regarding delivery of prescriptions. Full reporting and van tracking data allows pharmacy owners to get to grips with how each pharmacy and courier is performing and compare this over a period of time to identify areas for improvement. Tracking data can also be used to identify business mileage for tax purposes.
The app was commissioned by an Independent Pharmacy to meet the specific needs of this business model. Any suggestions for improvement by other pharmacies is welcomed and will be seriously considered.
- iPod Touch