Cortona3D Viewer allows you to view interactive 3D/2D product catalogs, work instructions, maintenance guides and manuals created with Cortona3D RapidAuthor. Many equipment manufacturers are now providing richer content in their technical documentation and information.
Interactive 3D provides a more intuitive way to communicate complex maintenance or assembly tasks. 3D parts catalogs make it easier to identify and order the correct parts. As a classroom aid or for “just-in-time” training the app provides an effective way to teach mechanical skills. It can even be used as a sales aid to demonstrate new product features and functions.
The Cortona3D Viewer on iOS is the perfect complement to the RapidAuthor tools. Using CAD and Bill of Materials data sourced from Engineering, RapidAuthor allows you to generate the complete technical document including text, 2D and 3D graphics.
If your company does not yet use Cortona3D RapidAuthor you can still install Cortona3D Viewer and view the sample content. As you will see there is support for both 3D and legacy 2D graphics.
- 3D View – Usual iOS Gestures – Zoom, Pan etc.
- Multiple exploded views and full Bill of Material hierarchy
- Touch on a Part and see additional information
- Search, Hide/Show Parts
- Detailed Parts List – Part Number, Nomenclature, etc.
- Links from IPC and procedures to other documents
- Full 2D CGM viewer
- Play or scrub through animated install or remove sequences
- Text overlay of step by step instructions
- Ability to organize content into collections
- Designed as a universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Support for Multi-lingual content
- Library with sample content
The purchased version allows you to upload content into the Library.
- iPod Touch