The app contains over 200,000 words and phrases, with clear and understandable definitions.
• Example sentences demonstrate how words are used in familiar situations and contexts.
• Simple pronunciation guides are included for difficult words.
• Useful ‘Top Tips’ boxes give extra help with grammar and spelling (look for the blue bird).
• Quick search function shows instant results as you type.
• Entries can be bookmarked so tricky words can be checked quickly.
• Expand vocabulary with Word of the Day, or by shaking the device to see a random entry.
• Diagrams add depth and interest to words such as ‘castle’, ‘eye’ and ‘insect’.
• Offline access – the whole of the ‘Oxford American College Dictionary’ is included in the app.
• Accessible! Authoritative! Age-appropriate!
- iPod Touch