What's that word on the tip of your tongue? Want to avoid using tired or ugly words like 'nice' or 'get'? Collins Thesaurus of the English Language 2010 provides hundreds of thousands of related and alternative words to boost your vocabulary. Stuck with your crossword? Let the thesaurus help you find that tantalizing solution to tricky clues.
This is a fully functional trial!
• Key synonyms for each sense, offering the most helpful alternative
• Opposites provide you with another way of expressing yourself
• A wide range of Idioms and phrases included
• Related words to help you expand your vocabulary
• Quotations add wit, sparkle and originality
• Illustrative examples from real English show how the entry word is used
• Usage and regional labels to help you identify areas of usage
• Extensive coverage of English as an international language
• 550 Subject word lists add an extra dimension to your vocabulary
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.