This best-selling dictionary covers all areas of philosophy and contains terms from the related fields of religion, science, and logic. Clear and authoritative definitions make it an essential resource for students and teachers and an ideal introduction for anyone with an interest in philosophy.
This edition includes 500 biographies of famous and influential philosophers and covers the most recent terms and concepts from Western philosophical traditions, as well as Chinese, Indian, Islamic, and Jewish philosophy
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.