The most appropriate dictionary for beginner students of Portuguese.
• 40 000 entries
• 41 000 meanings
• 48 000 translations
• Clear distinction between the different senses of the terms with the help of contextual indicators and ordered by frequency of use
• First bilingual dictionary to be adapted to Acordo ortogra'fico da lingua portuguesa, showing both previous and revised spelling variants
• Grammatical synopsis of the Portuguese language and of the Acordo ortogra'fico, false friends list, and place names glossary
• Phonetic transcription in both languages, examples, phraseology, and collocations, as well as notes regarding grammar and use
• Portuguese and Spanish models of verb conjugation
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.