• 53 000 entries
• 10 000 idioms
• 112 000 definitions
• 100 000 examples
• 21 000 synonyms
• 7 000 notes and comments
• 4 700 etymologies
• grammar boxes
• verbs appendix
What makes this dictionary different from any other is that the headword list and the language used for definitions reflect not only European Spanish, as is the case with the majority of other dictionaries, but also Latin American Spanish.Spanish is a world language spoken in 20 countries and in order to give a true picture of the language in its entirety it is essential to show the different meanings words have in each country. Unusually, not only Latin American uses are labeled, but also those restricted to Spain, so it can be seen whether a particular sense is universal or limited to a particular geographical area. In spite of the huge amount of information given, the clear page layout and the structure of the entries make looking up words quick and easy.
A SEARCH TOOL
featuring search autocomplete to help you find words quickly by displaying predictions similar to the terms you're typing. You also get enhanced search extras including:
• A quick search of words while you type.
• A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word.
• A 'keyword' search for finding key words within compound words.
• A wild card search function ('*' or '?') which can replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
• Download dictionary definitions locally for offline word lookup.
A LEARNING TOOL
including a number of features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
• A 'Favorites' feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library, including cross-curriculum words.
• History list to help you easily review looked-up words.
• Discover more using the included special language notes.
• See words in context with example sentences.
• 'Word-of-the-day' feature with dedicated homescreen widget.