Receive daily inspiring and funny quotes from some of the greatest minds.
* Over 5400 inspiring, interesting, funny and even geek quotes from over 2000 authors like Einstein, Voltaire, Asimov, Lincoln or Bierce.
* Receive daily quotes in the notification bar
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Access all quotes anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Search any term or author and find all related quotes
* Bookmark your favorite quotes for quick reference
* Read random quotes
* Share your favorite quotes by Email, Twitter, etc.
* Listen to the wisdom using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Works in both portrait and landscape mode for easier reading
Q: How can I share a quote from the list?
A: Just press for 2 or 3 seconds over the quote and a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.