Golyadkin is a low-level bureaucrat struggling to succeed. His doctor tells him that his behaviour being dangerously antisocial should improve in cheerful company. Golyadkin resolves to try this, and leaves the office. He arrives uninvited at a birthday party and is asked to leave later. On his way home through a snowstorm, he encounters his double, who looks exactly like him. They soon become friends and we witness this surreal evolving relationship.
About Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Born in Moscow in 1821, Foydor Dostoyevsky is considered to be one of the greatest and most prominent psychologists in world literature. Dostoyevsky was incarcerated in 1849 for being part of the liberal intellectual group the Petrashevsky Circle. He also suffered from an acute gambling compulsion. Crime and Punishment was completed in a mad hurry because he was in urgent need of an advance from his publisher. Motivated by the dual wish to escape his creditors at home and to visit the casinos abroad, Dostoyevsky travelled to Western Europe in 1862. He visited France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, and England. In London he attended the 1862 World's Fair and had a first-hand look at the Crystal Palace, the architectural wonder of the age. The image of the Crystal Palace, which for progressive critics symbolized the dawning of a new age of reason and harmony, was to loom large in Dostoevsky's works to come, especially Notes from Underground and Crime and Punishment.
• Integrated fully functional book App with book content, book reader navigation and configuration features
• Book content loads with the App and is available on the device at all times even when offline
• Book App offers natural look and feel to book reading experience
• Switch between day or night time reading to illuminate the screen automatically without the need for external lighting
• Configure colour of your pages and how they flip or scroll on your screen
• Choose appropriate font size for your perfect reading experience
• The App will remember when you finished reading last time or use bookmarks to remember specific locations in the book
• Easy access to each chapter via menu navigation feature (click catalogue in the app menu)
• Search the book using key words, phrases or lines (click more in the menu and then search)
• Define font size, line space, font colour and background (click main app menu, more, config)