=========== Vertex Mind eReader Instruction ==========
• Double click page to toggle the screen size.
• Zoom in/out by two fingers touching oppositely.
• Click page to show/hide navigator.
• Click page thumbnail image to jump to the page.
• Click page number button to jump to a specific page.
• Click 'Contents' items to jump to particular chapter.
• Click <== or ==> button to flip page.
• Press and slide corner to flip page.
• On the page top edge show the reading process
bar to tell you where did you achieve.
• Please wait for a while for page to focus.
*** Our Responsibility Reduce, Re-use and Recycle ***
We see the effects everywhere we look. Rain forests are being decimated; land fills choking the landscape; polluted lakes, rivers and oceans. And we won't even discuss global warming.
The planet is systematically being destroyed at all levels. Yes, as a society we are finally beginning to address some of the problems with regard to big business. But that doesn't mean we can ignore the situation individually.
Many people ask what difference can one person make? Singularly they feel that their efforts couldn't amount to much when looking at the problem on a global scale. But what we do personally does have an impact.
As a society, we have to believe that what we do individually does make a difference. Multiply the efforts of one by the thousands, hundreds of thousands and even millions of people on earth and together we can make a difference.
It may be the most blatant form of optimism but we must believe that if people "knew better" they would "do better." And, therein lies the problem. Regardless of the headlines most of us just don't know where to begin.
That's where "Real World Sustainability" comes in. You can consider it a primer for everything you need to know about how to do your part. While your mantra should become "Reduce, Re-use and Recycle" you must have a roadmap to get you from here to there.
"Real World Sustainability" does just that.
• Not sure of the definitions Reduce, Re-use and Recycle? See Chapter One
• Is your home a sustainable residence? Learn how to audit your home
• What about cleaning products? The good, bad and ugly
• What is "natural" or "organic?" This one will surprise you
• What can't be recycled? This is a shocker!
Listen, we aren't here to preach, merely to inform. Again, we believe that when people know better they will do better and that applies to you because you are reading this page. Don 't adopt the "let Harry do it' syndrome.
We are all in this mess together. It didn't happen overnight and we can't cure the planet over night. But assume responsibility for your own actions. If we all put forth just a small amount of effort we can leave this planet safer and healthier for our children.
That's all. Not that difficult. Remember that saying, "yard by yard it's very hard, but inch by inch it's a cinch?" Well that's what taking responsibility for our own sustainability is all about. Now that you know better, it's time to do better.
All bets are off and all excuses removed. Grab your copy of "Real World Sustainability" today and the generations of tomorrow will thank you. We guarantee it.