Seven authoritative monolingual Russian dictionaries and Academic English-Russian-English dictionary with the widest coverage of general vocabulary are available for in-app purchase.
Full wordlist and 50 entries of each dictionary to preview before buying.
The app allows to easily and quickly navigate through and try out any of 7 dictionaries, as well as experience the most advanced search, learning and translation features.
Now you can make sure that a dictionary complies with your language level and contains all words you need before purchase. Full-fledged versions are available for buying with the in-app dictionary catalog, containing:
• New! The Russian Dictionary of Accents
• English-Russian and Russian-English Talking Academical Dictionary
• Russian Spelling Dictionary
• Explanatory dictionary of Russian nouns
• Explanatory dictionary of Russian verbs
• Advanced Russian phraseological dictionary
• Russian thesaurus dictionary of synonyms
• Russian dictionary of antonyms
• New! Comfortable in-app translations from any book or document without switching between applications or accessing the Internet. The dictionaries support FbReader, AlReader, eBookReader and Book Reader Free.
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Similar words search in case of misspelling.
• Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions and the Share button feature allow to copy unknown words from an active application, like web browsers or email, and to automatically open the relevant dictionary entry.
• Look up unknown words or phrases from any application, including web browser or email, using the Share button. The feature allows you to send copied text to the dictionary directly and get the translation in one click!
• Morphology modules help to find words in any grammatical form (for English and Russian languages).
• Three input methods make dictionary word look-ups more convenient than ever. Enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software, search by voice using Google Voice recognition service or take a picture of the text with Google Goggles.
• New! The integrated flashcard quiz helps study new words faster and smarter.
• Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers (for English-Russian-English Academic Dictionary and Russian Spelling Dictionary).
• Full linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making a dictionary a must-have for any language scholar (for English and Russian languages)!
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• New! Enjoy a brand-new feel&translate app with ever better navigation for your comfort.
• New! Drag components of your products between storages, for instance, internal or external memory or delete a component if necessary. Available at My dictionaries -> Manage.
• Built-in dictionary catalog for in-app purchases.
• A range of custom styles and operating options are available under user settings.
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• No Internet connection required.
XXI Century Dictionaries are based on the latest research, considering traditional and the most recent Russian linguistic approaches. The dictionaries reflect all changes and processed that have been taking place in the Russian language for several decades. The dictionaries embody scientific breakthroughs in Russian linguistics and provide the most detailed information about a word, illustrating the logiscs and laws of the system, where the word functions.