"The aim of the social network ""myFSA"" (Fondation Sophia Antipolis), based on the
meta-social network ""myMed"", is to provide a solution to promote
collaborations, meetings, exchanges and cross-fertilization between Sophia
Antipolis stakeholders (academics, companies, entrepreneurs, students,
associations) but also with external partners.
In addition, myFSA experiments a social network for information exchange: best
practices, knowledge, soft transportation assistance between users (workers and
firms) It helps the establishment of new entrants in the Science &
Technology Park and it takes advantage of geolocation process of its members
(not mandatory) to match contacts in terms of distance. The social network also
develops a system of e-reputation, owned by MyMed meta-network, that favors
convergence and links between the best members (better rated).
Findings. Sophia Antipolis Science Park and its community lend itself to the following analysis:
- The community of Sophia Antipolis is multicultural and homogeneous on a given
territory, but tends to confine to its activity and suffers from a lack of exchanges;
- The science park is recognized internationally but less visible at local and national levels.
This community lacks of a centralized place to exchange projects, ideas,
actions and good practices;
- There is a lack of visibility on expertises and innovations developed by the sophipolitans;
- Travel to/or from Sophia Antipolis are sometimes (very) difficult. The
application myFSA try to fill in part of these difficulties;
This app is dedicated to sophipolitans, both residents and newcomers (new employees or
new companies wishing to settle), visitors and foreign partners.
Using myFSA, the following features will be available:
- Through the mechanism of ""Matchmaking"" of myMed, pooling resources and ideas with
the ultimate goal: IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF LIFE AND THE WORK OF SOPHIPOLITANS;
- Provide information on the location of businesses and organisations and
provide accurate information on the access of the park through public transport (train + bus);
- Share practices and topics of common interest in a list of domains provided
by the FSA;
- Inform the users of the social network myFSA about news/events performed in
MyFSA is available on PC / MAC, Smartphone and Tablets.