And that’s just the beginning: One-tap access to video clips, song lyrics, related tracks and streaming services, where you can listen to your Shazams in full or buy them.
Top artists like Adele, Kendrick Lamar, Demi Lovato, are using Shazam to find new music, and you can follow them to share in the thrill of discovery.
• Identify music with one tap
• Sing along to songs with music lyrics, or watch their videos
• Preview songs and add them to Spotify playlists**
• Shazam Offline: Identify music even when you’re not connected!*
• Check out recommended tracks to find new music
• Stay in the loop with Shazam’s real-time charts
• Simply log in to sync all your Shazams across all devices
• Launch Pandora radio based on artists you Shazam**
• Buy your Shazamed songs in Google Play Music with just one tap
CONNECT & SHARE
• See what your friends are Shazaming when you connect your Facebook account
• Follow your favorite artists to see what they’re Shazaming
• Share your discoveries through Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Google+ and more…
MORE THAN MEETS THE EAR
• Shazam visual recognition: Tap the camera icon to Shazam posters, magazines, books and so much more! Use it anywhere where you see the Shazam camera logo
• Visual recognition also works as a QR code reader
• Launch Shazam on your Android Wear smartwatch to see the artist and song appear
• Previewing and buying music requires the Google Play music store in your country
• MIPS devices are not supported
• Why does Shazam need these app permissions? https://support.shazam.com/hc/en-us/articles/205139787-App-Permissions
• Shazam may share collected location data for interest based advertising, allowing advertisers
to infer interests and serve ads to users based on their activity and location over time
• Don’t want the advertising? Upgrade to Shazam Encore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shazam.encore.android
*Song names will appear in your My Shazam tab once connection is restored
**Some features are dependent on location, device and app version
Any questions or feedback? Check out: https://support.shazam.com/hc/en-us/categories/200239877-Android
Music to Your Ears
Shazam is a music app that can identify songs that are played through multiple channels.
For instance, if a song is playing over the radio or in the background of a TV show, users can press the “Shazam” button to find out the name of the song they hear. Within a few seconds the app will pick up a specific “fingerprint” of the sound and match it with a corresponding fingerprint in its extensive database.
In addition to matching the song title, the artist singing and album the song derived from is also displayed. Any song the user “Shazams” is saved in the app’s “tagged” section for quick reference and users have the option to purchase the tagged songs or share snippets of the tunes with their friends.
Another feature the app offers is it’s autotune setting. User can activate the app to continuously match and save songs that are played throughout their night out on the town or the duration of a movie.
Song matching very accurate
App won’t pick up songs if there is a lot of background noise
Most people can say they’ve had that “what is this song?” moment. In a matter of seconds that app will reveal what is being played with high accuracy. The only downside to the app is if you’re in a loud place the background noise will prevent the app from picking up the song. Fun and useful app. Definitely download.